Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Lawyers
ARRESTED? HURT IN AN ACCIDENT? IN TROUBLE AT SCHOOL? WE CAN HELP.
Mark Zimmerman is a Board Certified Criminal Defense Lawyer and Laurie Zimmerman is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. Only 5% of all Florida attorneys are Board Certified because of the tough requirements set by the Florida Bar Association. That kind of legal qualification is a huge advantage to you when going to trial, facing a judge, negotiating a settlement, or making a plea deal.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE and DUI
If you’re headed to criminal court, you’re in for a fight, no matter what the charges. Mark Zimmerman knows how to fight back. He spent 9 years as a prosecutor, so he knows the other side’s strategies and uses that experience to get results for you. Mark defends people living Sarasota and Manatee county in both misdemeanor and felony charges.
- We help people facing probation violations and outstanding warrants by working with the judge to try and dismiss the charges.
- We defend drivers charged with DUI or DWI to lessen the impact on their driving record and their life.
- Mark works with people charged in drug crimes, including first time possession charges and trafficking.
- We help protect people falsely accused of domestic abuse and domestic violence.
- Our firm also defends people arrested in online sex stings or those accused of sex crimes.
Mark Zimmerman has spent his professional career in criminal law and knows how to get results for you in front of a judge and jury. He’s successfully represented many clients in high profile criminal cases with national attention.
SCHOOL DISCIPLINE, EXPULSION, AND SUSPENSION HEARINGS
Mark Zimmerman is one of only a few attorneys who practices Education Law and represents students in trouble with Sarasota or Manatee county schools.
School boards may not tell parents this, but students have the right to hire an attorney to defend them in what are called “administrative hearings.” In reality this meeting is a lot like a trial, and the outcome will decide your child’s future.
Mark’s Education Law practice represents students facing expulsion, suspension, and other school discipline matters.
PERSONAL INJURY LAW
Laurie Zimmerman heads up the firm’s Personal Injury practice. She’s helped families across the Sarasota and Manatee area recover fair cash settlements after an accident. Laurie spent years as an attorney for Allstate Insurance. She knows all about the aggressive legal tactics big insurance companies use to confuse victims into signing away their rights. When you’re hurt in an accident that’s not your fault, Laurie Zimmerman will make sure you get the settlement you deserve to get your life back on track.
- Laurie represents drivers and passengers hurt in car accidents in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
- We help people hurt in slip and fall accidents that happen because of unsafe conditions in large stores and on private property.
- Our firm helps to protect motorcyclists hurt when drivers aren’t paying attention.
- We work with dog bite victims and the families of injured children.
- We fight large corporations who make defective products that hurt or kill.
Laurie Zimmerman has the experience and background to give you an advantage in court when you’re up against a corporate insurance company. When the other side is protecting their bottom line, Laurie protects your rights and your future.
Where is Our Law Firm Located in Sarasota?
Our law office is in the historic Laurel Building, right around the corner from the Sarasota County Courthouse. We’ve owned this building for years and are proud to preserve a small part of Sarasota’s past. Our address is 434 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota, Fl 34236 and you can reach us at (941) 364-8423.